The Lord fills all things with blessing from above
Rich
2020-08-31 06:38:15 UTC
The Lord fills all things with blessing from above

"So that by every means the Lord might be known to be God by nature,
he multiplies what is little, and he looks up to heaven as though
asking for the blessing from above. Now he does this out of the divine
economy, for our sakes. For he himself is the one who fills all
things, the true blessing from above and from the Father. But, so that
we might learn that when we are in charge of the table and are
preparing to break the loaves, we ought to bring them to God with
hands upraised and bring down upon them the blessing from above, he
became for us the beginning and pattern and way."
--by Cyril of Alexandria (376-444 AD) (excerpt from FRAGMENT 177)

==============
August 31: Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
(died 651)

"His life is in marked contrast to the apathy of our times."
(Venerable Bede on Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne)

 Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne , known as the Apostle of the English (or
the Apostle of Northumbria). Saint Aidan was the founder and first
bishop of the monastery on the island of Lindisfarne. He is credited
with restoring Christianity to the region. It is said of him, by
Bishop Lightfoot, “Augustine was the Apostle of Kent, but Aidan was
the Apostle of the English." Saint Bede the Venerable would write of
Saint Aidan in his biography: "he was a pontiff inspired with a
passionate love of virtue, but at the same time full of a surpassing
mildness and gentleness."

Aidan was born in Ireland, probably in Connacht, and studied as a monk
at the monastery on the Island of Iona in Scotland. While Christianity
had spread into Britain centuries earlier, during the invasion of the
Romans, gradually paganism had reclaimed the region. When Oswald of
Northumbria regained the kingship, he sought to re-establish
Christianity, and bring the light of Christ to the peoples living
there. (Oswald is likely to have converted himself, upon a visit to
the monastery on Iona).

Based upon his experience on Iona, King Oswald requested missionaries
be sent to work amongst the peoples. At first the monastery sent a new
bishop named Cormán, but he met with no success and soon returned to
Iona, reporting that the Northumbrians were too stubborn to be
converted. Saint Aidan criticized Bishop Cormán's methods and was sent
as a replacement in 635.

Upon arrival in Northumbria, Aidan established Lindisfarne--an island
similar to Iona--as the center of his diocese. Here Aidan established
an Irish-type monastery of wooden buildings: a small church, small,
circular dwelling huts, perhaps one larger building for communal
purposes and in time, workshops as needed. The monks lived a life of
prayer, study and austerity, but spent the majority of time preaching
and engaged in activities of conversion. Through translation efforts
of the royal family--first Oswald, and then Oswine of Deira after the
death of Oswald--Aidan and his fellow monks preached the Gospel to all
who would listen. Over time, he came to be recognized for his piety
and gentleness, and respected by even the harshest critics of
Christianity.

Gentle and unassuming, Aidan traveled on foot from one village to
another, engaging those he met in polite conversation, and slowly
raising their interest in Christianity. According to legend, the king
gave Aidan a horse so that he wouldn't have to walk, but Aidan instead
gave the horse to a beggar, modeling the charitable love of Christ.
Through patience and wisdom, Christianity took root in these rural
communities, and began to grow, fanned by the flames of love and zeal
of Aidan and his companions. To further the growth of the faith, Aidan
took in 12 English boys to train at the monastery, hoping to ensure
that the area's future religious leadership would be English. The
monastery he founded grew and helped found churches and other
monasteries throughout the area. By his death, it was widely
recognized as a center of Christian faith and learning throughout the
regions.

Numerous miracles were attributed to him while alive, including his
intercession to save the city of Bamburgh during attack by pagans. As
holy legend tells us, when the pagans attacked the city, they set the
walls on fire. Aidan prayed for respite, and the winds turned against
the invaders, blowing the smoke from their own fires over the invading
army. They were forced to flee, and the city was saved.

After 16 years as bishop, Aidan died at Bamburgh. In his life we see
the zeal and the spirit of the first Apostles--a spirit based in
generosity and dedication, in passing along the gifts of grace one
possesses to all encountered. The Venerable Bede wrote of Saint Aidan:
"He neither sought nor loved anything of this world, but delighted in
distributing immediately to the poor whatever was given him by kings
or rich men. He traversed both town and country on foot, never on
horseback, unless compelled by some urgent necessity. Wherever on his
way he saw any, either rich or poor, he invited them, if pagans, to
embrace the mystery of the faith; or if they were believers, he sought
to strengthen them in their faith and stir them up by words and
actions to alms and good works."
 by Jacob

Saint Quote:
Every time we come into the presence of the Eucharist we may say: This
precious Testament cost Jesus Christ His life. For the Eucharist is a
testament, a legacy which becomes valid only at the death of the
testator. Our Lord thereby shows us His boundless love, for He Himself
said there is no greater proof of love than to lay down one's life for
one's friends.
--Saint Peter Julian Eymund

Bible Quote
Then Jesus said to them: My time is not yet come; but your time is
always ready. The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth: because I
give testimony of it, that the works thereof are evil.  (John 7:6-7)

<><><><>
Saint Aidan’s Prayer:

Leave me alone with God as much as may be.
As the tide draws the waters close in upon the shore,
Make me an island, set apart,
alone with you, God, holy to you.

Then with the turning of the tide
prepare me to carry your presence to the busy world beyond,
the world that rushes in on me
till the waters come again and fold me back to you.

O holy Bishop Aidan, Apostle of the North and light of the Celtic
Church, glorious in humility, noble in poverty, zealous monk and
loving missionary, intercede for us sinners that Christ our God may
have mercy on our souls.

Thou didst teach and preserve Christ’s doctrine and didst spread the
faith throughout Northumbria, O holy Aidan. Unceasingly pray to God
for us for thou dost worship before His throne for ever. Amen.
Vietnam Ranger
2020-09-04 15:17:24 UTC
Nonsense! There is no up or down in space.
BARRY ish shick old jew paedophile BARRY Z. SHEIN of 700 Washington St B'righton Mass
2020-09-04 16:03:53 UTC
On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 08:17:24 -0700, Vietnam Ranger aka fake vet
Post by Vietnam Ranger
Post by Rich
The Lord fills all things with blessing from above
Nonsense! There is no up or down in space.
Of course there is. The Earth is flat. Space is up. Look down and
all you see is your stomach!
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
You igno-cunt! Hitler woulda kilt you.
%
no he wouldn't
BARRY ish shick old jew paedophile BARRY Z. SHEIN of 700 Washington St B'righton Mass
You dumb moulie fuck! Hitler would have made shoes out of your skin.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2020-09-04 23:40:48 UTC
On 9/4/2020 12:55 PM, BARRY ish shick old jew paedophile BARRY Z. SHEIN
Post by Vietnam Ranger
Post by Rich
The Lord fills all things with blessing from above
Nonsense! There is no up or down in space.
Of course there is. The Earth is flat. Space is up. Look down and
all you see is your stomach!
You igno-cunt! Hitler woulda kilt you.
You dumb moulie fuck! Hitler would have made shoes out of your skin.
Hitler made shoes outa you mammy pussy lips.
LOL
BARRY ish shick old jew paedophile BARRY Z. SHEIN of 700 Washington St B'righton Mass
2020-09-05 13:19:14 UTC
On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 16:40:48 -0700, "fake vet Afro-Eyetalian Scatboi
Post by Vietnam Ranger
Post by Rich
The Lord fills all things with blessing from above
Nonsense! There is no up or down in space.
Of course there is. The Earth is flat. Space is up. Look down and
all you see is your stomach!
You igno-cunt! Hitler woulda kilt you.
You dumb moulie fuck! Hitler would have made shoes out of your skin.
Hitler made shoes outa my moulie mammy pussy lips.
LOL
Is that why she can only take it up the ass now?
LOLOK

%
2020-09-04 18:13:43 UTC
Subject: Nigger Jesus fills all things with blessings from above