Arguements for the Flying Spagetti Monster
Barry OGrady
2010-11-09 05:42:02 UTC
* Motion, i.e. the passing from power to act, as it takes place in
the universe implies a first unmoved Mover (primum movens immobile),
who is Flying Spaghetti Monster; else we should postulate an infinite
series of movers, which is inconceivable.
* For the same reason efficient causes, as we see them operating
in this world, imply the existence of a First Cause that is uncaused,
i.e. that possesses in itself the sufficient reason for its existence;
and this is Flying Spaghetti Monster.
* The fact that contingent beings exist, i.e. beings whose
non-existence is recognized as possible, implies the existence of a
necessary being, who is Flying Spaghetti Monster.
* The graduated perfections of being actually existing in the
universe can be understood only by comparison with an absolute
standard that is also actual, i.e., an infinitely perfect Being such
as Flying Spaghetti Monster.
* The wonderful order or evidence of intelligent design which the
universe exhibits implies the existence of a supramundane Designer,
who is no other than Flying Spaghetti Monster Himself.
Barry
Kirk Bailey